Satisfy your fry cravings without feeling guilty! These broiled portobello “fries” may not be the crispy, carb-laden form of fries you are used to but they are sturdy enough to stand up to a hearty dosage of bacon and shredded cheddar cheese to kill those traditional fry desires!
These mushroom fries are first dipped in an egg combination, followed by a light-colored hair of seasoned Parmesan cheese and cooked time to the site of tender. Be careful not to over cook them. I have moved the errors of roasting a little too long, which resulted in a softer fry. Still edible with a crotch, but not what I had aimed!
I like to surpass them with cheddar and bacon because you get the contrast texture from stringy cheese to the crisp, salty bacon bits. The big add-on of solidify dried chives gives simply a clue of mild onion flavor with a beautiful daddy of colourful park. I’ve was indicated that these fries are best sizzling out of the oven to preserve the firm fry figure. They can get soft the longer they sit or the longer they roast so enjoy them right away!
Yields 2 servings of Smothered Portobello Mushroom Fries
2 large portobello sprout detonators 1/2 bowl shredded Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon garlic pulverization 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika 1/4 teaspoon cayenne Pepper 1 huge egg, hit 3 deprives bacon 1/4 beaker shredded cheddar cheese 1 tablespoon dried chives, to garnish
1. Heat oven to 425 magnitudes and indication a baking membrane with foil and/ or non-stick scatter. Slice the mushroom covers into 1/4 in dense rows and chip the ends off at an tilt to imitate a “French fry” cut.
2. In a small food processor, meld Parmesan cheese and flavours until the concoction is well compounded. Move the smorgasbord to a shallow container or dish.
3. Beat the egg in a small container. Dip the mushrooms fries in the egg to coat.
4. Carefully roll the mushroom in the Parmesan mixture.
5. Place the sprout fries on the prepared baking expanse and rib for about 10 minutes.
6. While the fries are cooking, add bacon rows to a wash and fry over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the wash and allow to cool before “crumbling” or dicing with a knife.
7. Remove the fries from oven and cover-up with shredded cheese and deteriorated bacon.
8. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with baked chives and serve.
This makes a total of 2 serves of Smothered Portobello Mushroom Fries. Each helping comes out to be 280 Calories, 18.97 g Fat, 4.45 g Net Carbs, and 21.82 g Protein
Smothered Portobello Mushroom Fries Calories Fats( g) Carbs(g) Fiber( g) Net Carbs(g) Protein( g)
2 enormous( 168 g) portobello mushroom caps 37 0.59 6.5 2.2 4.3 3.54
1/2 goblet shredded Parmesan cheese 166 10.94 1.36 0 1.36 15.14
1/2 teaspoon garlic pulverization 5 0.01 1.13 0.1 1.03 0.26
1/2 teaspoon inhaled paprika 3 0.15 0.62 0.4 0.22 0.16
1/4 teaspoon long pepper 1 0.08 0.25 0.1 0.15 0.05
1 massive egg, beaten 72 4.75 0.36 0 0.36 6.28
2 airstrips bacon 161 12 0.5 0 0.5 11.7
1/4 bowl shredded cheddar cheese 114 9.41 0.95 0 0.95 6.46
1 tablespoon dehydrated chives 1 0.01 0.13 0.1 0.03 0.04
Total 560 37.94 11.8 2.9 8.9 43.63
Per Servings (/ 2) 280 18.97 5.9 1.45 4.45 21.82
PrintSmothered Portobello Mushroom Fries
This makes a total of 2 performs of Smothered Portobello Mushroom Fries. Each sufficing comes out to be 280 Calories, 18.97 g Fat, 4.45 g Net Carbs, and 21.82 g Protein
2 big portobello mushroom caps 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika 1/4 teaspoon cayenne Pepper 1 sizable egg, beaten 3 pieces bacon 1/4 bowl shredded cheddar cheese 1 tablespoon bone-dry chives, to garnish
Heat oven to 425 grades and string a baking membrane with foil and/ or non stick scatter. Slice the mushroom caps into 1/4 in thick-skulled divests and cut the ends off at an tilt to imitate a “French fry” cut. In a small food processor, merge Parmesan cheese and flavours until the potpourrus is pit combined. Transmit the mixture to a shallow container or dish. Drum the egg in a small container. Dip the sprouts fries in the egg to coat. Carefully go the sprout in the Parmesan mixture. Sit the mushroom fries on the prepared baking expanse and cook for about 10 hours. While the fries are baking, contribute bacon pieces to a pan and fry over medium heat until snappy. Remove the bacon from the wash and allow to cool before “crumbling” or dicing with a spear. Remove the fries from oven and comprise with chopped cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with dried chives and dish. 3.1 https :// www.ruled.me/ smothered-portobello-mushroom-fries /~ ATAGENDCopyright 2017 | Ruled.Me